Chitranjan Ranawat, M. D.
Ranawat Orthopaedic Center
Hospital for Special Surgery
535 East 70th Street, Suite 637
New York, NY 10021
Choose a time to make an appointment
Specialties / Subspecialties
- Orthopedics / Total Hip
- Orthopedics / Total Knee
- Inter-Science, Daly College (Indore) 1950-52, India
- B.Sc., Holkar College (Indore) 1952-53, India
- M.B.B.S., M.G.M. College (Indore) 1953-58, India
- M.S. (Master of Surgery), Vikram University (India), 1962
- F.R.C.S. (C), Orthopaedic Surgery-Canada, 1965
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1969
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, 1972
- Horace Mann, New York, NY - 1986-1989
- Glen Goin Club, Alpine, NJ - 1989 - Treasurer
- Duke University Board of Visitors, Durham, NC, 1992 - 96
- Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute, Alexandria, VA, 1990-2011
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Eastern Orthopaedic Education Foundation
- Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation, USA
- Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation, India
- Medical Board, Lenox Hill Hospital, NY, 2005-2007
- Member, Board of Trustees, Association of Indians in America, 2005
- Orthopaedic PAC, 1993-1998
My surgeon is a key figure in the innovation of hip replacement. This really kept my mind at ease.
Nothing is better than knowing your surgeon also operated on the head of state of a large country.
I can't believe how quickly I was walking again after getting my new knee.